1½ cup reduced-fat cottage cheese
1 cup cooked white meat chicken, chopped
⅓ cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
¼ cup (½ can) Ortega diced green chilies
⅔ cup pasta or marinara sauce (from a jar) such as Classico or Prego
6 corn tortillas, cut each into four pieces
1 (8oz) can fat-free re-fried beans
⅔ cup salsa (I like Pace Medium Chunky Salsa)
¼ cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9” square pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese, chicken, corn and green chilies.
3. Spread pasta sauce on bottom of pan.
4. Arrange 2 tortillas (8 pieces) on top of pasta sauce
5. Remove the beans from can, place in a small bowl and soften in the microwave for easy spreading. Spread the re-fried beans evenly on the tortillas.
6. Arrange 2 more tortillas (8 pieces) over beans.
7. Spread cheese mixture evenly over the tortillas.
8. Cover pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and place the last cut tortillas on top of casserole.
10. Spread the salsa evenly over tortillas. Sprinkle cheddar cheese evenly on top.
11. Cover casserole and bake 15 minutes longer. Cool slightly and cut into 6 slices.
Makes 6 servings (each serving, 1 slice)
for 1 slice (⅙ of recipe)